Monday, May 30, 2016

Just a vent

I think too much blame is being put on the mom in the gorilla incident, which is sad. She wasn't sitting on a bench completely ignoring her kid while he decided to climb into the enclosure. Immediately assuming the mom was neglectful sucks.

Now a days no matter what you do, you're doing it wrong... all the people yelling "put him in a stroller or on a leash" are probably the same ones that in a normal situation will say "he's too old for a stroller, let time breathe a little, you helicopter parent" and "leashes are for animals! Parent  better!"

I could get offended that so many people are implying I'm not a good parent if my kid isn't tied to my side. Jonathan is just as crazy as the next 4yr old boy out there, he won't sit in a stroller and if we go to the zoo, i let him go to the fence to see closer while I'm in the back with david (who is in a stroller). We go to the zoo for him to see animals, not people's backs which would be the case if i keep him glued to me. So i guess now I'm a bad parent by some standards 🤔

And honestly, i can't imagine how the mom feels, she was taking a picture and all of the sudden people start to panic and you have no idea what is going on.. and then you realize your baby isn't holding on to your pocket anymore. The shock, terror, confusion... and now i imagine she probably doesn't feel safe to even leave the house.. I've read so many nasty comments aimed at the mother, comparing her to casey anthony, demanding cps to get her kids away from get etc... it's just sad.

I do truly believe something like this could happen to anyone, no matter how well you parent or control or restrain your baby..

No comments:

Post a Comment